Advanced Drawing tools allow you to perform some simple geoprocessing operations. They are activated by the “Advanced Drawing” Tool of the Drawing Toolbar which in turn displays a new Toolbar composed of the following buttons:
– Simplify geometries: removes vertices of the selected geometries.
– Add Ring to geometry: use a geometry to generate a hole within another geometry
– Add part to a geometry, add the geometry of one entity the geometry of another
– Delete part of a geometry, subtract one geometry from another geometry
– Divide one geometry in two using a cut line.
– Create Zone of Influence, generates a new geometry from the selected geometries extending its edge at a fixed distance.
– Intersect geometries, creates a new geometry in the overlapping space of the selected geometries.
– Merge geometries, creates a new geometry by joining the selected geometries
– Geometric difference, creates a new geometry from the non-overlapping parts of one of the selected geometries.
– Convex envelope, creates a new geometry that wraps around all selected geometries.
– Convert geometry from Multiple to Simple, converts into a single geometry a set of geometries
– Symmetric difference, creates a new geometry from the non-superimposed parts of a set of geometries.