Accounts, Accesses and Teams
This article defines the concepts of Account, Access and Equipment in the urbiGIS environment. In addition, their characteristics and the functionalities that they can execute are briefly explained.
They are entities or social groups with which an agreement is signed to share, consult and edit spatial information in urbiGIS. There cannot be two Accounts with the same denomination.
An Account registered in urbiGIS can:
- Share and manage your Geoservices (maps, geo-reports, addresses and elements) through the Data Sets Service.
- Create and manage urban inventories through the Inventory Service.
This link explains how to register an Account
The type categorizes each Account according to its nature:
- Public: Administrations and organisms, companies or institutions in which the public powers exercise, directly or indirectly, control or a dominant influence.
- Private: Companies, institutions and entities with or without profit.
- User communities: a collaborative group of individuals with an interest in working and exchanging spatial data from around the world. It is possible that the community is only made up of the person who requested its registration (its Administrator) or that, on the contrary, it is a community. To register in urbiGIS it is not necessary that they have legal personality.
User access to Accounts
They are connections to the Service using credentials to access the data and functions of an Account. An Account can have an unlimited number of Accesses. The Access credentials are unique, there cannot be two with the same identifier even though they belong to different Accounts.
This link explains how to register an Access.
Each Account can organize its Accesses according to three roles:
- Administrator: Initial access and trained to execute all the possible functions assigned by urbiGIS to an Account. At all times the Account must have one and only one Administration Access.
- Coordinator: Accesses for the supervision of the Content and internal management of the Accounts. The Administration Access can create as many Coordination Accesses as it deems necessary.
- Editor: Accesses generating Content within the Account. The Administration Access and the Coordination Accounts can create as many Edition accounts as they deem necessary.
The permissions associated with each type of Access are as follows:
They are collaborative work environments formed by two or more Accounts to access, share and edit data. They represent the materialization of a collaborative relationship between the Accounts that comprise it. In this way, the Accesses of the Accounts that make them up, will generate and share data for the members of their Team, through the selective assignment of Content Visibility at the time of generating it.
They are made up of two types of Accounts:
+ In the Data Sets Service, it is the owner of the data that is published and made available to the Team.
+ In the Inventory Service, she is the owner of the Inventory of a Territory.
- Member: in both services it is the one that has access to the Leader’s data.
An Account that wants to create a collaborative relationship with another will send you a request to form a Team. If there is acceptance, the requesting Account will become a member of a Team led by the requested Organization. Furthermore, there is no limitation on the number of members of a Team.
For functional purposes, the Service offers you two forms of collaboration:
- With read permissions: Member Accounts will be able to consult the Content, but will not be able to edit it.
- With writing permissions: the Member Accounts may consult and edit the original Content generated by the Lead Accounts, and these may validate the Content derived from the actions carried out by the Member Accounts.
An Account can be a leader of a team and a member of others simultaneously.